Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I’m having trouble with my hp 6520 printer. It says it’s in…

Customer Question
I’m having trouble with my...
I’m having trouble with my hp 6520 printer. It says it’s in error state.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
5/25/2018
Technician: Mirza Vaseem, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Mirza Vaseem
Mirza Vaseem, Engineer

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you with the issue you are facing.

From the problem description, I understand that your HP Photosmart 6520 printer shows as it's stuck in Error State.

Firstly, I am sorry to hear on this issue.

Please be assured that I will be glad to help you further in getting this issue sorted out.

This error is mostly seen due to the printer drivers and here are a few things we can try to fix this:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Photosmart printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Press the "Windows key" + "R" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" (There is a space between .exe & /) and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to the Run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL43742/mp-108722-3/PS6520_1315-1.exe to install the software.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Once the installation is done, please restart the computer and test the prints.

Do keep me posted on the status to help you further.

If everything goes well, please rate my service with a 5-star. Your rating on my support provided is very important and helpful.

Looking forward to your response, eagerly.

Regards,
Vaseem

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer.

This is a follow-up email about your contact to JustAnswer. Please confirm; if the suggested steps helped you in fixing the issue.

In addition, please remember to rate my service a 5 star if you are happy with my support. Your rating is very important for us.

I am happy to help you if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Vaseem