Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Pro M252dw I bought his so I can print wireless from laptops…

Customer Question
Pro M252dw I...

Pro M252dw I bought his so I can print wireless from laptops any where in the house. I cannot figure out how to make this work. I have set up many printers and this one if=s very frustrating.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP pro M252dw

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your printer?

I have never been able to connect except via a cat 5 cable that is attached to my Router and the computer must also be connected to the router.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I have been able to connect directly using the printers WiFidirect but then I am not connected to the local system or internet. My system is current. New windows in the past week.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have 4 windows 10 computers in the home and I have 1 connected via ethernet. that is the only one that I can print from. It and the printer are both connected to my router.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
5/25/2018
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 2 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to Just Answer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily. Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in. Let me know when this is done.

done
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 2 months ago

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-color-laserjet-pro-m252-series/7089938/model/7089942

Kindly go to the above link and download the HP Color LaserJet Pro M252 Printer series Full Software and PCL 6 Driver

installing download now.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 2 months ago

Alright, let me know how it goes.