Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I cannot get the printer to work the 'stop' light is

Customer Question
I cannot get the...

I cannot get the printer to work the 'stop' light is continually on ?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

It is the USB

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I have not

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it I think

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
5/25/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the model of the printer please?

Thank you

Epson stylus tx 110

Thank you

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

There is no change, the red stop light is still appearing

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

No change, the red stop light is still showing
no change

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

buy a new one ?

If it is not under warranty, yet you will need to sorry