Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer says "paper jammed, clear and press OK". However,

Customer Question
My printer says "paper...

My printer says "paper jammed, clear and press OK". However, there doesn't seem to be any paper jam. I've tried turning the printer on & off & unplugging, but no result.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon PIXMA MX320

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

It just happened tonight.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

The computer was new less than 1 year ago.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
5/2/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

the printer still says it's jammed.

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Still not working

How old is the printer?

no

How old is the printer?

no I do not
Not sure, probably a few years old
Hello>

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Are yo u there? Please quit texting
This is so helpful!

I am not texting you -- You set it up so that you receive an alert via text when I reply here.

Please stop texting!

Are you not going to assist us?

We can no longer receive texts on this phone!

Are you trying to force us to use the remote service?
Well, I guess you know how we'll rate this next to worthless service, Harry.

OK