Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a Brother fax printer model MFC-L2730DW. This is the…

Customer Question
I have a Brother...

I have a Brother fax printer model MFC-L2730DW. This is the first time I am trying to change the Drum unit. It keeps saying replace toner. I have gone throught he steps to try to reset the drum counter for a touch screen and it says close front cover press x then hold I am not sure what the symbol is then press drum and press yes. These instructions make no sense can you clarify for me please.

Technician's Assistant: Are your device's other functions (printing, copying, scanning, etc.) working fine?

No it says it needs toner

Technician's Assistant: When did this fax issue begin?

This morning

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/2/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 2 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

Is the message saying to replace TONER soon, or the DRUM?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

toner

What is the exact message?

Have you replaced the toner cartridge recently?

this appears to be a scam trying to upsell. not interested logging off. unsatisfied.