Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I get a support code 1403 printer head is not correct, I…

Customer Question
I get a support...

I get a support code 1403 printer head is not correct, I have not changed anything since i bought the printer .

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

I have turned it off and waited but when i power back up the error code is still there. My wife used the scan application this after and I copied something earlier and then the error pop up

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't remember

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No just

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/2/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the model number of the printer?

Prima MX 920

Thanks for checking,

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2012 model printer, it is well past its 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $85; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.