Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It keeps saying that it is an error state. I restarted my…

Customer Question
It keeps saying that...

It keeps saying that it is an error state

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

I restarted my computer after it was scanned but not the printer

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I have never updated the printer driver software.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that I am not all that technologically minded so will need someone who is patient

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/4/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the brand/model of the printer?
Is there a specific error code/number showing on the printers own display screen?

Canon Pixma MG5220There is no error code/number that I am aware of
Do NOT switch to Secure Remote Assistance

I did not ask for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance/total) noted on the payment page when posting your question, for our chat here. For this to be productive, please focus on our conversation here, and providing the details I requested above.

I need you to actually look specifically at the display screen of the printer, at the top of the screen, for any information there such as B200 or C000 for example

You just lost me. at the top of which screen? I do not have the printer set up to print anything right now. Do you want me to send something to the printer?

No, I'm asking you to simply look at the printer itself,

on the top, at the top right corner is a small display/screen.

No there is no message on the printer screen.

Please try to make a photocopy directly from the printer glass and let me know the results

I can tell you right now that I have no problems making copies from the printer glass.

I'm asking you to specifically test it, now.

Even if it has worked previously, I need to verify that it is currently still working that way.

OK, Hold on.
it copies fine.

Okay how is the printer connected to the computer?
USB or wifi?

wifi

OKay that is the likely root of the problem,

you'll need to go into the settings on the printer first and make sure it is connected to the wifi, if not, reconnect by choosing your home wifi network name and putting in your wifi password.

Then on the computer go to your devices/printers folder, click the canon (right click) then Remove (delete) printer,

reboot the computer (bookmark/favorite this page first to get back to me after), then after rebooting go back to devices/printers, click on Add Printer, and reinstall the printer, whcih should be found on the wifi at that point.

Hold on while I see if I can figure out what I am supposed to do.

Thanks

This is where my ignorance show up. I don't see where it says anything about the printer being hooked up to wifi so I must be looking in the wrong place. Can you be more specific?

Touch on Settings on the printer, then on Network/wireless

Hold on again.

Thanks

I am so confused at this point I can't seem to find the info you are asking for. There has never been a problem with the printer and the wifi so can't see why this is a problem now. I have cleaned out all of the jobs on queue so that shouldn't be the problem. Is it possible to just end this query without additional charge?
Are you still there?

Yes I'm here, please allow me time to receive your message and respond.

If you follow the specific steps I sent above, I'm confident it will resolve the issue for you. If you are unable to do so or need to get someone else in to help you follow through these, I understand.

You Are not obligated to any other services, just the 2 fees you paid already for the chat.

What do you mean two fees. I never authorized 2 fees and I understood that if I didn't feel like I had received the necessary help that there would be no charge. Please clarify for me.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance/total) noted on the payment page when posting your question, for our chat here.

The information provided will resolve the issue, if followed exactly. If you are unable or unwilling to follow these steps, that is not within my control.

We are all independent techs here working on our own personal time in a good faith effort to help. I have dedicated the past hour to our conversation here, so to expect not to honor the fees you previously agreed to and paid would be forcing me to work for free for my time spent providing you an accurate answer.

Are you able to send me a copy of the charges incurred for today's call and also how I would be able to contact you specifically if I should so desire? Thank you for your patience.

I can't personally because we techs don't have access to that info.

All the charges were shown and you would have clicked to agree to them on the payment page.

If you click on Account at the top of the page, you should see some of that info there under history as well.

You are certainly welcome to follow up with me here, just reply back on this same page if needed (don't post a new question or it will charge you again)

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,