Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I do experience problems with my laptop to connect with the…

Customer Question
I do experience problems...

I do experience problems with my laptop to connect with the wifi router. It does show that is connected but when I go to Google it lock in but when I select a web site it let me in a message that the laptop is not connected to the wifi. no sure if it is a laptop problem.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Currently if is wireless but I did test it with the ethernet cable and is doing the same.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

It is a brand new laptop first time use.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

If you going to call please call on this nr.(###) ###-####

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
4/4/2018
Technician: Electronics Pete, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Electronics Pete

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Does it work ok on a wired connection or another wifi network?

Nope. Doing the same thing.
What I do not understand is that allow me to get to the google web but when I do type in the website I need it gives me a message that the wifi is not connected.. So I did try any other web site and it still gives me the same message. All our cell phones and desktops do connect with the wifi. only this new HP laptop don't want to work.
The Laptop is a HP model RtI8723de
Did try it with the ethernet cable direct from the wifi router and wireless but doing the same thing.

Ok, then that indicates a fault with the network adapter inside the laptop.

To get around this, you could fit a USB wifi adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/Edimax-EW-7811Un-150Mbps-Raspberry-Supports/dp/B003MTTJOY

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------