Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Just bought an HPENVY POhoto 7100 printer. I want to use it…

Customer Question
Just bought an HPENVY...

Just bought an HPENVY POhoto 7100 printer. I want to use it on my Windows XT computer. This computer is just for correspondence (and games free cell) but is not connected to the internet. I expected an installation disc to come with the printer. Can you send me one?

Technician's Assistant: Are you able to connect using an ethernet cable?

It ia connbected by a cable but I am not sure id it is an Ethernet or an alcohol net. OR What the hell is an Ethernet?

Technician's Assistant: The Network Technician will be able to walk you through that. Which lights are colored and/or blinking on your router?

I have a computer XT which is on the pipesw screensaver. I have the aforesaid printer. I am a small guy and have no LAN or router. I am on wireless right now but need to see of the XT is capable of wireless. My internet computer that we are currently on is my Windows 7.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, I am an old man with 1999 technology!

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
4/4/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 5 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

Do you mean the computer is running Windows XP? How old is this computer?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.