Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Where do I find the wps pin, on my hp 8710 printer. Lenovo…

Customer Question
Where do I find...

Where do I find the wps pin, on my hp 8710 printer

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Lenovo laptop

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your 8710?

New install, just trying to setup printing to this printer, using window 10 pro

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
4/3/2018
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 3 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today. When you attempt to install the printer on the computer, the WPS pin will appear on the printer screen. You may use that pin that on the computer.

If that doesn't work, you may obtain the WPS pin manually by doing the following on the printer itself:

1> touch the Wireless icon

2> touch the Gear icon (bottom left )

3> touch Wireless Settings

4> touch Wi-Fi Protected Setup

5> touch PIN

Thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you,
***** *****