Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have error code B200. Turned off and when i turn it back…

Customer Question
I have error code...

I have error code B200

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Turned off and when i turn it back on it displays the message

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Been a while probably

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2018
Technician: John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
John Lohr
John Lohr, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Have you tried anything so far to fix the issue aside from restarting your printer?

no

Please do the following for me:

1. Power off your printer
  2. Open the printer as if you were changing the ink
  3. While it is open, power it on
  4. As the ink carriage moves leftward and crosses the halfway mark, close the printer before it reaches the left side
  5. Let the printer initialize
  6. Does the error clear? This may take two attempts. If after two attempts the error persists, let me know.
it reset. when i tried to print a doc it stopped and had error message agin

Being that the error persists after clearing, it tells me that it is a hardware issue. How old is your printer?

2 years

It is likely out of warranty in that case. The B200 code refers to a print head failure. Depending on how much your printer cost, it is typically more cost effective to purchase a new one rather than have it repaired. What model is your printer?

Canon MX200

To request a repair from Canon, you can see the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair/repair?cm_sp=CSO-_-support/service-repair-_-Repair

That will give you a better idea whether it is best to repair your printer or purchase a new one.

If you wouldn't mind, could you rate me at the top of your screen 1-5 stars if you found my service to be helpful at all? It helps me out a lot. Thank you!