Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer Epson 2540 is in recovery mode and don't know how…

Customer Question
My printer Epson 2540...

My printer Epson 2540 is in recovery mode and don't know how to fix it

Technician's Assistant: What Epson model do you have?

Wf 2540

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Epson printer?

Have not used it since computer switched to windows 10 just tried yesterday and it went into the recovery mode when I tried to update software

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't update the printer driver

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: Printers
4/3/2018
Technician: Mike Taylor, Technician replied 18 days ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

This error can occur if the firmware update procedure is interrupted, e.g. accidental powering off the product, cables being removed or the installation being cancelled or even if the operating system has changed like yours did.

Wait for a few moments and a pop-up should appear on the computer screen, clicking on the link indicated will direct you to a tool that will correct this issue. If you do not have the software installed for windows 10 then you wont see this....

I may need you to download the tool, the Firmware Recovery Tool can be accessed manually from the Epson website

Please advise if you see the pop up on your computer screen

If you cannot see the pop up please download the Epson Software Updater HERE

Install it then run the updater to correct the firmware issue within the printer...

If at any time you are unsure, please send me a remote request if you get stuck

Thanks Mike

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
There was no pop up I went to update firmware on epson

Ok download the Updater and see it can correct this issue...

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
it keeps asking me to retry and it will not download

Your talking about my software that I gave you the link for?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
printer driver update yes

Ok im fearful that your printer is damaged.. Disturbing the firmware update can destroy it completely

The next step will be to uninstall your printer from the computer and resinstall it from the epson website so we can get everything up to date and then attempt another firmware upgrade at that point in time

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
my printer was connected thru Bluetooth to computer...I disconnected...now what

Click start button on windows desktop, click settings icon

In search type control panel and when it comes up click on it to open

then go to programs and uninstall the printer from your machine

Restart it and then let me know once that is done

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Looks like it's still uninstalling should it take that long

It can take a while yes, there are many files involved

Hows it all going?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
It's telling me to please wait until the current program is finished uninstalling

Ok thanks, ***** ***** be too much longer

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Still showing uninstalling should not be this long must be something wrong will have to have computer checked I guess
Technician: Mike Taylor, Technician replied 17 days ago

Wow, yes it must have gotten stuck somehow... You can restart the computer and try to uninstall it again OR it may even be gone on the restart

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Restarted and the uninstalling program is still in the program section of control panel

Ive never seen that before in 20 years of doing this... Your operating system must have malfunctioned...

It should STOP uninstalling on the restart or unfreeze in this case

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
Should I request the uninstalling again

Yes see if it goes smoothly this time

Customer reply replied 17 days ago
It seems to be doing the same thing looks like I'm going to have to take it in to be checked thanks so much for your help I appreciate it
Your welcome. I hope I have earned 5 stars for my time today and please let me know the outcome. Thanks Mike
Customer reply replied 13 days ago
Mike as I mentioned I will have to do something locally so I was finished with your help which I appreciated but I noticed there is an additional $18 charged to my account not sure what for but hope there is nothing else. Thank you.
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician