Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My Dymo LabelWriter XL prints half the label and then dies.

Customer Question
My Dymo LabelWriter XL...

My Dymo LabelWriter XL prints half the label and then dies. I can unplug it and try to reprint, but it only does the same thing again. I downloaded and installed the printer driver again, but I get the same result.

Technician's Assistant: What Dymo model do you have?

LabelWriter 4XL

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Dymo printer?

One week

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I installed the latest update for Mac OS High Sierra on March 14, 2018.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's it.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/3/2018
Technician: Richard Hill, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Engineer

Is it showing a flashing blue light?

If so, the labels are not loaded correctly or roll is empty.

Check for jammed labels.

If that doesn't help the latest printer driver can be downloaded here:

http://www.dymo.com/en-GB/labelwriter-4xl-label-printer#tabContainer

I hope that helps, Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

Your answer did not solve the problem. The newest driver was already installed. When the blue light is on, I try to print a label. The printer prints the top half of the label, then stops and the blue light turns off. I can unplug the printer, the blue light comes back on, try to print, and the same thing happens.

Is it plugged directly into your Mac or going through a Hub?

Best Regards,

Rich

It's plugged in directly to my 15" MacBook Pro.

That should be fine.

I've contacted Dymo about this and await their reply.

Best Regards,

Rich

Dymo have replied and requested the following - 'Can you send me a picture of the AC adapter you're using? Please also send me the number that is below the model number on the bottom of the printer (it will be below a barcode). '

Could you provide these please?

Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

Best Regards,

Rich