Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am installing my canon MG8120 printer and windows thinks…

Customer Question
Hi I am installing...

Hi I am installing my canon MG8120 printer and windows thinks the printer is off line and it is online

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Let me check, please hold

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MG8120?

Envy HP Desktop

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Let me check. please hold

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
4/3/2018
Technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 3 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

Have you already connected the printer to your wireless network? This is usually accomplished by using the buttons and small screen on the printer itself (not your computer)

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

no, I did not do that...I just went ahead and plugged in the land line in the back

Is the printer connected with a usb cable that runs from the printer directly to your computer?

can you hold on and I will try to connect to the wireless network myself via the screen on the front of the printer?
let me see if I can do that first
i am downloading the manual and hope that i can get an answer there...if not, I'll check back wth you

Do you still need help with this issue?