Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I'm printing 97 envelopes from the manual feed tray on my…

Customer Question
Hi there. I'm printing...

Hi there. I'm printing 97 envelopes from the manual feed tray on my OKI C5300dn color printer. After 14 envelopes it stopped with the message paper error. I removed the envelopes and replaced them but it sat there. About 10 minutes later it printed out one envelope. Help!

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

On my OKI C5300dn color printer.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your C5300DN?

It happened last month and I wasted postage by printing to another printer and scrapping this one. I don't want to do that this month.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Don't know. How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Only need to have my job printed completely. Thanks.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
4/3/2018
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Since the printer was just recently working, I recommend a power reset as

that will drain errors from memory and may resolve the issue. Unplug the

printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Then leave the printer for

about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the printer power cord

into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the

printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see

if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

David, you seem like a really nice person. I think my problem is more technical than unplugging the printer, though I know that is always a good first step. I have practiced that faithfully the past 25 years. I was looking for more information on data connection from the mail program to the printer and how I could capture enough to run all envelopes at once. I'll need to take it into a service shop and have them look at it.

Thanks and no worries.

The issue you describe is similar to others I have seen in which the print spooler runs out of room, usually on the hard drive, so cannot complete the print job. In those cases clearing space on the hard drive enabled the the print job to spool and complete and send to the printer. So I would recommend checking the available hard drive space on the computer by clicking the Windows Start button then type

This PC

if the computer is running Windows 10 or 8 or type

My Computer

If the computer is running Windows 7 and then press Enter and mouse over drive C: in the window that appears to see the available drive space.

Thanks I'll try that.

Ok, sounds good. Please let me know the result after you have tried the above procedure.

The system has 745 gb free hard drive space. The system has 8 gb RAM available but I don't know how much is being used.

Right click on the Taskbar near the bottom of the computer display and click Start Task Manager.

In the Task Manager utility click the Performance tab to view the amount of memory free and used and let me know.

It says 3.9/7.9

Ok thanks.

How much Available and how much Free memory is listed?