Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just bought a new MF217 w printer and am having trouble…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a new MF217 w printer and am having trouble setting it up and working properly. I tried to print an envelope and now have an error light blinking and do not know how to find the error or why the light is blinking. I had eye surgery on Thursday and the print on the manuals is too fine for me to read. I have also some difficulty reading the screen.

Technician's Assistant: Is your MF217 displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

How do you restart it. I cant find the on/off switch

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last update the printer driver software?

Tried to update it today

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. I wish to set it up for wireless operation

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
4/3/2018
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 3 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to Just Answer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily. Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in. Let me know when this is done.