Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Same story as the other users of Mac Os X High Sierra The…

Customer Question
Hello, same story as...

Hello, same story as the other users of Mac Os X High Sierra The Demo label light printer doesn't work anymore. And I can't find a solution.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

USB, there is no ochre choice

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Other

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I updated Demo driver 5 minutes ago

Submitted: 17 days ago.Category: Printers
4/3/2018
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 16 days ago
Russell H., Printer and Office Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Dymo Labelwriter question.

Your Dymo LabelWriter might perhaps be defective or 'broken'. But also, the USB cable or port might have a problem. So I recommend attention to these ways that might perhaps fix the printer:

- Try a different USB port. They are supposed to all be alike, but sometime they aren't, and one may work where another does not. Also, mind that some (blue-centered) are different period. Black-centered USB ports are USB 2., usually, and the blue-centered are USB 3., and it can make a difference.

- Restart your computer, and then be sure the LabelWriter printer's queue is cleared out, before trying to print again.

- Try a different USB cable. They are the part that almost the most often, goes bad - especially if used often before, over a year old, or often coiled up and uncoiled again (which places repetitive strain on the wires inside the cable, somewhat invisibly from the outside.)

- Unplug all other devices (that can be spared - excepting USB keyboard or USB mouse if any) - on any and all USB ports.

- Do not use a USB hub.

Let me know how that goes, and if the above does not fix it, tell me more about the problem.. I may have more to suggest.

Customer reply replied 15 days ago
I've done all that nothing helps I need to update the firmware from my Demo label writer light .I know that because Dymo assistance told me to. But the problem is that the label writer software tells me my software is up to date. SoIi'm stuck
Technician: Russell H., Printer and Office Tech replied 14 days ago

Firmware updates differ from software updates - firmware updates work on the device (printer in this case) itself, but a software update works on the software installed on your computer.

Where did you see an indication that you need to update the firmware on your LabelWriter, please? and in what terms or in what words, was that indication?

Russell H., Printer and Office Tech