Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Machine tells me to press the rear side of the printer and…

Customer Question
Machine tells me to...

Machine tells me to press the rear side of the printer and then press OK. BUT there is nothing in the REAR SIDE to press other than the electrical connections. There is a illustration in the front that has a left and right that looks like and oversized square edged clamp but I have only one on the right and that moves only when I want to change the ink. So how am I to get out a strip of paper about 2" long vertically and 81/2" wide horizontally??? Thanks

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon Pixma MX 472

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Pixma?

#Exactly 4 years as of Friday

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

The Canon Printerwas bought through Amazon and received on 4/3/14--not 4/6. The Gateway at Best Buy in Milpitas , CA on 1/6/2016 and connected with the printer on that date

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

How to get out the strip of paper caught in the middle of my machine. The same kind of action--full and half sheet papers though have been "kicked" out from someone somewhere connected with Canon. It doesn't happen often so I don't remember much else.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
4/3/2018
Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 3 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
I just turned the copier on and it went through its actions for changing the ink and then "seemed" to try to bring something out--the strip of paper. Then the"window" told me the same thing it did yesterday-- to Remove the paper from the rear side and press OK. #1303??? I had done this a number of times before I asked you where to go. As I mentioned before, I find nothing on the rear side of my copier other than the electrical hook up and the connections that allow me to raise the single copy cover for items not in the computer. I didn't include the #1303 yesterday. Maybe I should have. It means nothing to me. Maybe it tells you something. I hope so.
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

According to the copier's note, I do. For all the same reasons I listed in the AM's note and any additional ones I gave you yesterday afternoon.
If this is all you can do, you don't tell me much good. Maybe I should wait a month, cancel my temporary connection with "JUST ANSWER. Your charge is about $10 short of my purchasing a new one. My brother will be back in a few weeks and he also can take it apart, and fix what's jammed. This was supposed to spread over 7 days which meant through Sunday, April 8. $39 may not mean much to Forbes or wall Street journal, but it does to an old lady living on her teacher pension. But I guess we don't count. Do as you claimed yesterday or delete the $5 charged on my card. I don't lik being taken for granted.

Our services are not $5.

Call customer service at 1-***-***-****