Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My HP Photosmart 7510 has new ink cartridges installed and I…

Customer Question
My HP Photosmart 7510...

My HP Photosmart 7510 has new ink cartridges installed and I get a message, Until cartridges are installed, make sure the printer is turned on to avoid damage to the printer.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

I told you.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

I gave you the error message. I can open the lid.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have removed the ink cartridges and put them back in. I keep getting the same message. Cannot get to the home page.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
4/3/2018
Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Can you tell me how to fix this problem?
Technician: Mike Taylor, Technician replied 4 months ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

Im going to ask you if you removed the plastic tags from the new carts that cover the nozzles because sometimes the electronic contacts are still covered and the customer is unaware of it...... Sounds silly but a common fix for this.... If you are convinced the carts are snapped into place and installed properly. Turn the printer off for 5 mins and unplug it from power completely.

After 5 mins, plug it in, turn it on and look for changes

Let me know

Thanks Mike

Cartridges are installed correctly. I have turned it off and let it sit and then turned it on again.. no change, same message appears.

I am going to see if there is a firmware update available for your model

What computer operating system are you using?

I have been told the chip may be damaged. I’m going to take it into a local store to their knowledge bar. Thanks

That is very true BUT if you take the ink carts out and clean the contacts with alcohol and q tips you can see if that helps, it can fix the no contact issue and is alot cheaper than the alternative

If the chip is damaged and cannot read the carts, your looking at service fees plus the part and labor and that wont be pretty

In MOST cases it is cheaper to buy a new printer so please get an estimate only so you can make a decision on it if thats the case

Thanks. I will do exactly what you are suggesting. Thank you.

Welcome.... Hope you have a great week and please forgive me on the delayed responses, the storms are killing my internet