Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My envy 7640 printer won't print. It says visit hpinstaink…

Customer Question
My envy 7640 printer...

My envy 7640 printer won't print. It says visit hpinstaink for info. I replaced the 62 cartridge I was sent but I get the same message. I didn't get a tricolor cartridge to replace

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
4/2/2018
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Please try the following to clear the error:

First, power down the router/modem that provides your wireless and Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router (if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi).

Next, perform a power reset on the printer as that will drain errors from memory. Unplug the printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Then leave the printer for about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the printer power cord into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see

if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result.