Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My WF 3640 wants to pick paper tray for photo for plan

Customer Question
My WF 3640 wants...

My WF 3640 wants to pick paper tray for photo for plan paper

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson WF-3640

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your WF-3640?

My home computer crashed and now the Epson printer managsment just shows Fax

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

2 days back

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I would like the WF-3640 to work from home computer and my hp laptop windows 10 on both

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
4/2/2018
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to Just Answer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily. Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in. Let me know when this is done.

ok its done and the WF 3640 is starting back up
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Great,

And I would like to know how is the printer connected to your computer?

Is it through USB or through Wi-Fi?

wf-3640s connected by wi-fi
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

When you open a document and try to print are you only getting the fax option?

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

There is a firmware update available fro this printer.

Let's first do that.

https://ftp.epson.com/drivers/FW_CB09I2.exe

Click on the above link to download the latest firmware.

No it will show print but when I choose print it wants to print with carseat #1 which is set up on.photo 5/7 paper
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Okay, please update the firmware following the steps given in the download.