Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My HP Photosmart 7520 is now saying "printer offline". I…

Customer Question
My HP Photosmart 7520 is...
My HP Photosmart 7520 is now saying "printer offline". I can't print a document now.We had wind knock out our Xfinity service last week. Today was the first time I needed to print something since then.We had to switch to Xfinity wi fi in order to get back on the internet.Our HP printer had a blinking blue light. I followed instructions on the pad on the left front of the printer to add Xfinity as the wireless connection. After that, the blue light stopped blinking and stayed blue. Nevertheless, it does not print and report in the printer box "printer offline" That's where I'm at right now.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
4/2/2018
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to Just Answer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily. Before we proceed with any troubleshooting, please once unplug your printer from the wall outlet wait for 2 minutes and plug it back in. Let me know when this is done.

Hi SuhasiniI have unplugged and plugged the printer back in.The printer stays offline. Otherwise, it scans and photocopies just fine.I cannot print from my Mac to the HP 7520
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Please ignore the remote pop up on your screen.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

What is the version of your macintosh?

OS X 10.6.8 macbook pro
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Alright, please wait.

Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-photosmart-7520-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5199461/model/5199462

Kindly go to the above link and download and install the HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer Full Feature Software and Drivers - Mac OS X v10.6, v10.7 and v10.8 on your computer.

This will take a few minutes
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

That's alright, Will wait.

This link does not open.
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago
OK. It is installed
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Now try to print.

Does not print..Report says "printer offline"
Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 5 months ago

Let me open this for other experts who can take remote on your computer.

Technician: Ashik, Technician replied 5 months ago
Ashik, Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You said you had switched to Xfinity WiFi, but to what network the printer was connected before this?