Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Trying to get to clean printhead, keeps saying problem with…

Customer Question
Trying to get to...

Trying to get to clean printhead, keeps saying problem with printhead

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Never

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

It will not even copy

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
4/2/2018
Technician: Mike Taylor, Technician replied 3 months ago
Mike Taylor
Mike Taylor, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue.

You will need to remove the print head from your printer and clean it out... This will depend on WHICH model printer you have as to if you can remove it or not... In some cases the head can be removed and cleaned...and then it will start to work after a reset.

I other cases this message does indicate print head failure and it would need to be replaced.....

The models that do not have a removable print head will cost more to fix than a new printer...

If your model is removable it is generally around $80 to replace it...

Let me know your model number and I can tell you more

Thanks Mike

hp office jet pro 6835

Thankyou, your model does not have a removable print head....

Is your printer under warranty? In some cases they have actually mailed a new printer to the customer

no

I would suggest that you purchase a cleaning kit for your print head

OR

You can turn the printer off and remove the ink carts

Clean the metal contacts with q tips and rubbing alcohol

Allow it time to dry

Then turn back on the printer and see if the error persists

This is a video I found for you which shows how we clean printer heads in the shop HERE

Cleaning kit is HERE

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating for my time today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today otherwise I wont be paid from your already made deposit for helping you. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know and ill be happy to help you more