Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have type HL-2280 DW printer. It says I have a paper jam.

Customer Question
I have type HL-2280...

I have type HL-2280 DW printer. It says I have a paper jam. There is no jam. I did not loose or have a damaged piece of paper and have examined the inside of the printer, front cover removed, cartridge removed, back cover removed and paper tray under machine examined. No paper jam. How do I reset it?

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your HL-2280?

No, I did not change the ink, just removed cartridge to inspect and then put it back

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

Yes, I sad I did all that. These are programmed responses not personal responses.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, just connect me

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
4/2/2018
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Since the printer was just recently working, I recommend a power reset as

that will drain errors from memory and may resolve the issue. Unplug the

printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Then leave the printer for

about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the printer power cord

into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the

printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see

if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result and if the above procedure does not work I will provide another more in-depth solution to address the issue.