Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I get a print system failure 0x6100004a, can you help me?

Customer Question
I get a print...

I get a print system failure 0x6100004a , can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I have been doing it for the last 2 weeks, nothing seems to work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I also get a security bulletin about a meltdown ,what does that mean?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
4/2/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the brand and model number of your printer?

HP OFFICE JET PRO 6968
I can't afford the $40 repair cost, sorry

I did not ask for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance/total) noted on the payment page when posting your question. For this to be productive, please focus on our conversation here, and providing the details I requested above.

Please give me a few moments to send a detailed response here.

Unfortunately this error indicates a hardware problem,

specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. As this is a 2016 model printer, it is well into its designed maximum 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising. Typically 1-2 years is the average expected life out of these hp printers.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $85; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $80-100 you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,