Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a workforce 845 printer. The color is wrong. Ink

Customer Question
I have a workforce...

I have a workforce 845 printer. The color is wrong. Ink level are okay except for black which is low--but the black prints fine. But what is light blue on the screen is printing in a spectrum of pink, grey and light blue on the page.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer or device are you printing from?

Could the ink levels be low and the printer is just not registering it?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I am printing from a PC running Windows 10. I have not had this problem before and have had the printer for a long time.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
4/2/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 3 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

9 minutes to go

Thank you

I have no change.

Thanks

Can you remove the ink from the printer then power it off.

then using a Q-Tip with cleaning alcohol (or warm water if you do not have any), clean out the areas where the ink goes in.

Then use a damp cloth and wipe down the inside of the printer.

Once done, let it dry for 10 minutes

Then put the ink back in, power it on and tell me if it then prints correctly please

This will also allow you to see if any foreign objects are in the printer which may cause this.

It is super late and I do not have the time to do this. I am going have to sign off and worry about all of this tomorrow.or perhaps next Saturday I had hop[ed you would tell me something quick like running a diagnostic or something. I can't become a mechanic tonight.

I understand, the initial steps resolve it in some cases, but it is a case of eliminating based on the most common causes.

I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you