Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

The printer is not communicating with the computer, my iPad…

Customer Question
The printer is not...

The printer is not communicating with the computer, my iPad or my iPhone. The WIFI was out for almost 3 weeks, so the TV could not access Netflix, etc. During that period I could not download my email from the Internet, but I could print from my computer to the printer. Frontier Communications fixed the wiring and now I CAN download email onto my computer and I can access Netflix. But, the printer is not accepting anything from the computer, my iPhone or my iPad. So, it won't print.

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wirelessly

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Quite some time ago...many months

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
I would like to be able to fix this myself after talking to you. Something about WLAN.
The person who connected you to me said you were going to give / send me software. Are you still there?
4/2/2018
Technician: Mohammad Hossain,
 replied 3 months ago
Mohammad Hossain

Hello

This is Mohammad. I will be able to help you today. Please let me know if you have wifi SSID handy to use .

Need to have SSID and password ***** setup your printer with wifi.

Thank you,

Hello Mohammad,I don't know what SSID is.
Technician: Mohammad Hossain,
 replied 3 months ago

SSID is wifi name and if you have the password ***** it .

Technician: Mohammad Hossain,
 replied 3 months ago

If you have those wifi name and password ***** please provide me the printer model number to setup the printer with wifi.

Thank you,

My wifi server is MinardThe password ***** *****
Technician: Mohammad Hossain,
 replied 3 months ago

May I know what is the model number for the printer?

MFC-L2700DW
Technician: Mohammad Hossain,
 replied 3 months ago

Here is the video tutorial how to setup this printer for wifi:

http://support.brother.com/g/b/faqend.aspx?c=eu_ot&lang=en&prod=mfcl2700dw_us_eu_as&faqid=faq00100429_000

If you have any issue to setup or follow this instruction , please let me know.

If you successfully complete the setup, then you will see this printer on you computer and iPhone etc.

Ok . Thank you for your help. I shall sleep well tonight and tomorrow I will tackle this.
Technician: Mohammad Hossain,
 replied 3 months ago

Perfect. Me too.

Thank you and Have a great night.

Bye now