Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have Windows 10, 64 bit and my HP 6520 printeer will not…

Customer Question
I have Windows 10...

I have Windows 10, 64 bit and my HP 6520 printeer will not print black anymore, happened right before I changed cartridges thinking that was the problem. How do I fix this?

Technician's Assistant: Is this the first time you've had to change the ink for your 6520?

No, probably the 2nd or 3rd as I recall.

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No error messages and yes I can open the lid? I cleaned the filter on the black cartridge feed on the printer, suggested by one of the forums, no luck fixing.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I have new cartridges and it prints a test sheet whereas all colors are filled in the rectangles on the test sheet, black has only the outline of the rectangle and not filled in at all.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
4/2/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 3 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Thank you