Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I’m ring to set up a printer. The DVD says Disc Error.

Customer Question
I’m ring to set...

I’m ring to set up a printer. The DVD says Disc Error. Please eject disc. Playback feature may not be available with this disc.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

I tried to start it, it when it got to putting in ink it says there is a paper jam. I have not put any paper in and cannot see packing I have not removed

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No. It is an HP Offi e Jet 3830

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Printers
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Is someone still going to get back to me?
4/1/2018
Technician: Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist replied 19 days ago
Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you. I can help you via Remote Connection or this chat. I am searching for installation software for that HP officejet 3830.

Also, most times with HP printers you have to install the software first before connecting the printer to your computer.

Thanks,

Aaron

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I can’t even turn it on, much less. Connect it. It powers on, but in the process of set up, I am stopped as it says there is a paper jam.
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I haven’t tried to connect it to the computer.
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I don’t know what software you are talking about.

You can try unplugging the power cable from both the wall outlet and printer. Press and hold the power button for 60 seconds. Now plug the power cable into the wall outlet and printer.

Power it on and see if it clears that paper jam error.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Did not work.

Were you getting this paper jam error before installing the printer cartridges? According to HP you want to make sure the ink cartridge carriage moves freely. Make sure to disconnect power from the printer.

Move the ink cartridge carriage to the left if it is stuck on the right. Move the ink cartridge carriage to the right if it is stuck on the left.

If it is stuck in the middle you are supposed to move it to the right. Make sure that you disconnect the power cable. Also, have you tried taking out the printer cartridges and reinstalling them.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04678145

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
No. When I tried to go to the screen fir installing ink, I got the paper jam message.
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I’m still on page 1 of The sheet that says prepare at the top.

It is Step 2. Since this isn't a real paper jam you would ignore any troubleshooting steps that deal with paper.

I linked to you some troubleshooting steps from HP.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
But it won’t go to the screen to put in ink.

OK.

Does the home button or any buttons work on the printer?

I would also make sure that any trays or doors are shut tight. I realize you only tried to install the ink cartridges. Try to make sure all trays and doors are shut.

Try to get the printer to clear that paper jam error.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
How much will I be charged and how do I stop further charges. It asked me fir a user name which I do not have.

You can always ask for a refund.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
I can’t figure out how! It wants a user name which I don’t have.

You can read this how can I request a refund page or call 1-***-***-****.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Now I'm trying to put in the cartridges and can't figure out how they fit. The drawing in your info are terrible.
John, Computer Science Engineer