Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a ipf 6450 canon printer and when i go to print a…

Customer Question
Hi my name is...

Hi my name is ***** ***** have a ipf 6450 canon printer and when i go to print a photo it me the printer start time is set to 11.00. so i cancel it as i always do then it goes to standing by Receiving data from the printer please wait . And it will not go any further i left it for about 10 minutes and still nothing. can u help me please

Technician's Assistant: What Canon model do you have?

Ipf6450

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Canon printer?

Just tonight

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Not sure but i only used it yesterday and i didnt have a problem with it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No thankyou

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
4/1/2018
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

Please try the following to clear the error:

First, power down the router/modem that provides your wireless and Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router (if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi).

Next, perform a power reset on the printer as that will drain errors from memory. Unplug the printer power cord and unplug all peripherals. Then leave the printer for about 5 minutes to let all power drain. Then plug the printer power cord into a wall socket (not a surge protector or power strip) and then plug the printer back into all peripherals. Then power up the printer and test to see

if the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result.

Thank you got it all sorted .

Ok, very good.

Also, please provide a positive rating (3, 4, or 5 star) as that is how I receive credit for my work.
Thanks,
David.