Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I am trying to enter my new Wifi network number & password…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to enter my new Wifi network number & password ***** the printer,MG5600.and get an instruction on the printer to press the "WPS" button and then OK . What is WPS button and where is it ?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your Wi-Fi password?

About 6 Months ago i think.

Technician's Assistant: Have you connected to this Wi-Fi network from a laptop or desktop (either Mac or PC) in the past?

YEs Mac Book Pro

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Network Expert to know before I connect you?

Only any special steps to taken

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
4/1/2018
Technician: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 3 months ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer.com, this is a preminum/paid service, thank you for utilizing our service.
I will be the expert in assisting with the issue you are having.
WPS button is often called (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) doesn't come with all printer models

is it Ok to press OK to proceed ?

dont select the WPS option you can install the printer driver software by simply following the install steps and bypass the WPS step.

let me know if you find any problem i can walk you through.

ALL I WANT TO DO IS ENTER A PASSWORD ***** THAT THE PRINTER CAN OPERATE .

What is the Mac version on your computer