Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Pro 100: i want to print on 11 in x 17 in plain paper, I am…

Customer Question
Pro 100: i want...

Pro 100: i want to print on 11 in x 17 in plain paper, I am an artist. I used to be able on my PC. Now I have a new MAC. The printer just feeds it thru not printing. I have filled in the all the boxs. Custom size, plain paper, etc. Help

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your printer: wirelessly or by USB?

Wire

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Dont recall at all, been trying to learn my MAC

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I use the plane paper, 11 x 17. to printing my digital drawings which i then use to trace on to canvas. I had it figured out on the PC. Won't do on MAC

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/31/2018
Technician: Robert M., Consultant replied 3 months ago
Robert M., Consultant

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your printer question. All I ask is that you please give me a 5 star rating when satisfied. thank you :)

is this the same printer that you used with the pc?

what printer is it?

there are a few possibilities

1. you need a better driver from the manufacturer website

2. your margins are off so it cant fit it on the paper

3. your paper size is off. remember the printer thinks 17 x 11 is very different than 11 x 17

have you tried printing from more than one program?

does it print on normal letter paper ?

prints photos on standard print papaper

the best i can tell you is how to troubleshoot

try printing something very simple on 11 x 17 paper no graphics and see if that works

check the paper size and margins

i am able to log in remotely to fix it for you. but there is an additional charge

also check portrait vs landscape

Have correct portrait
I also filled in custom print size apply

i can log in remotely to look at it

but thats all i can say is something is wrong so that the printer does not think it can fit on the page

make sure that there is a margin and that what you are printing fits inside it

try using a driver from the website. rather than the apple one

Ok will contact canon for driver up date but every photo so far looks good all sizes

as i recall you have to create the custom size in a profile rather than at print time

and from what i can see you need to use the rear tray

and i would really experiment with portrait vs landscape and 11 x 17 vs 17 x 11

and click fit to page or scale it down to see if it helps

you want to get anything printed on that size paper as a place to start to figure out what it is that screws it up