Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

How do I put the silent mode on a typewriter model GX 9500…

Customer Question
How do I put...

How do I put the silent mode on a typewriter model GX 9500 Correctronic?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

"Brother"

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Brother printer?

Since I purchased it on ebay 3 months ago - no instructions book available

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Never, It's a typewriter

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you, ***** ***** your help

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/31/2018
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

8220;Brother” Typewriter, Model #GX- 9500 Correctronic, Word Processing Typewriter, Serial #G26459956.
I still need the answer to my question-please. How do I put my typewriter on "SILENT MODE?" IT IS A "BROTHER" TYPEWRITER, MODEL
GX-9500 CORRECTRONIC, PICA TYPE, WORD PROCESSING TYPEWRITER, SERIAL #G26459956.
Thank you for your help. I appreciate you and your assistance in this matter.
When the typewriter is in "Silent Mode," you can not hear the typewriter type, and you are able to make changes because the typewriter does not type the material on the paper until you hit "RETURN." Then the typewriter types very fast, and you can hear the typewriter type as if it were an automatic typewriter. Thank you *****

I am not aware of any steps to turn it into "silent mode"

Harry, I am waiting for the answer to my question. How do I put the "silent mode" on the above "Brother Typewriter?"
above full description of the typewriter. Thank you *****