Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I updated my mac computer to the high sierra and now my

Customer Question
I updated my mac...

I updated my mac computer to the high sierra and now my epson 837 printer will connect but will not communicate with the computer. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your 837: wirelessly or by USB?

I have two computers - mac. I think that i am conneted by USB AND THE other computer is connected by wireless.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I don't know. Probably when it was installed two or three years ago.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/31/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 3 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the Printers & Scanners window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.
    Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>