Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

A flashing red light appears top left and it fails to print…

Customer Question
A flashing red light...

A flashing red light appears top left and it fails to print properly although supplies are OK

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

HP C3180

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your C3180?

It just started today. One sheet printed ok but then this.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Can't remember

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/31/2018
Technician: Sheri, Expert replied 3 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. There are a few options to try. Below is the first set of instructions:

Is it running Windows 10? If so, try the following:

Restart the computer with the printer turned off. Once it is started, go to the search on the bottom left and type services. In services, locate print spooler. Stop it and then start it. Next, turn the printer on and wait until the computer detects it. Then do the following:

In the search on the bottom, type device manager and select device manager from the list that opens. Click the arrow next to Printers.

Right click on your printer and choose update driver. Then choose search automatically for updated driver software. Then, if presented, allow to search Windows Update. If a new driver is found in this process, allow it to update. Then test.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,
Sheri-Expert

I am on a MacAir not a Windows computer

I will opt out to allow other technicians to assist you further.

Regard,

Sheri-Expert

Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. My name is Joel. I am sorry that you have been having difficulties. I can help you solve your problem. It looks like you still need assistance.