Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I HAVE A MF6590 AND IT SAYS IT'S DOWNLOADING STANDBY. CANON…

Customer Question
I HAVE A MF6590...

I HAVE A MF6590 AND IT SAYS IT'S DOWNLOADING STANDBY

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

CANON imageclass mf6590

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Canon printer?

For a while. I stopped using it and started it up again today

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

The printer is free standing only used as a copy machine

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it. thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/31/2018
Technician: arsufi2002, Technician replied 4 months ago
arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Technician

My name is ***** ***** of the expert in computer category. I am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

Please find reply box below to post your response

How's the printer connected?

USB / LAN / Wifi

not used as a printer just as copy machine, so only plugged in to power source

ok..

So tell me, how we are going to connect printer to computer?

USB / Lan / Wifi

I can't connect it to computer

ok..

Can you explain why?

It is used as a copier and not used with a computer. This computer can't be used

I am sorry. Could you explain your concern?

My concern is:The copier says it is on DOWNLOAD standby. why? I need to use it as a copier not as a printer. It will not get past DOWNLOAD
How do I get it past the DOWNLOAD issue?

ok..

Please wait

What? You can't find reason printer is giving this message?
Technician: Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist replied 4 months ago
Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience: A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Hi. My printer, which is used only as a copier displays DOWNLOAD stand by( for ever). How do I get past this screen and use the copier?
What' going on? Why do I keep getting referred to another tech?
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I have a printer that is showing DOWNLOAD standby on screen .Seems there may be a software issue but I can't connect to an computer for you to look at issue.

With the printer powered on, remove the power cord from the back.

Wait 2 minutes

Plug back in the power cord and power it on

Do you still have the error?

Does it say download on the printer or on the computer?

says download on the canon copier. It's not plugged inn to a computer. Just a free standing copier

This is a firmware issue. Do you know how to update the firmware?

no
okay I have printed out paperwork and I am looking it over

OK thank you