Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Paper Jam. Unlike the jams in the past I was unable to

Customer Question
Paper Jam. Unlike the...

Paper Jam. Unlike the jams in the past I was unable to slowly pull this one out. much of the jammed sheet was exposed initially but it all ripped away and not I do not see any jammed paper anywhere. When I follow steps on the screen I hear a violent interior scratching sound.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

CANON MG6620

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MG6620?

Over the 2-3 years of my use I probably have unjammed it a dozen times.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Within 3 months

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

I love the machine and have received excellent help a while back dealing with the scanner function. Worked fine ever sense.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/31/2018
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question.

The most common and likely cause to this type of problem is either some foreign object/paper dust is stuck in the paper feed or printer, or the paper sensor in the feed tray has become dirty or defective.

Turn Off the printer, unplug it from the power as well as from computer completely.Then remove all paper from the paper feed unit and blow it out with compressed air a few times. With a flashlight look inside the paper feed to ensure there is nothing obstructing the paper feed mechanism down inside the printer where it is not easily seen.

Next, take moistened Q-tips and clean the rubber rollers in the automatic sheet feeder using it. Then blow some compressed air inside the printer as well to remove excess dust and to dry the rollers.

Holding the printer in both hands, turn it upside down and gently shake it for a few seconds to see if anything falls out of the paper feed area.

Then plug the printer back up and replace it with a fresh, small stack (about 5 pages) of paper.Then try to print again.

If still, it doesn't help then as a last resort you can try forcing a thick paper or fold an A4 piece of paper in half, and then by hand push it through the machine, hopefully, this may push any objects out.

After that turn the printer OFF, when it is on, by unplugging it from the power source.
Then unplug it from the computer and leave it that way for 10 minutes. Then replace everything back.

Tell me how it goes!

Sorry, I must leave my home and can't perform the steps listed above. I will return sometime this afternoon to begin the tasks.
Is there a time limit to continue this dialogue?

There is no time limit. Take all the time you need.