Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

HP Photosmart C4580 printer - scanning fails, cartridge not…

Customer Question
HP Photosmart C4580 printer...

HP Photosmart C4580 printer - scanning fails, cartridge not aligned. Help!!!

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your PHOTOSMART C4580 when you try to scan?

One moment, retried printing alignment page. Alignment page not detected.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I have not updated the printer software.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Ink builds up in the cavity that holds the black ink cartridge.

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Printers
3/31/2018
Technician: Md. Sadique, Engineer replied 23 days ago
Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it took so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
His Sadique. I still need help. Thank you.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Turn off the printer.
2) Open the printer.
3) Remove the grey ink cartridge from the machine.
4) Use cotton swabs dipped in rubbing alcohol to thoroughly clean the area where the cartridge sit and the contacts on the grey cartridge.
Note: You have to clean repeatedly until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
5) Then allow the cartridge to dry(important).
6) Then replace back everything.
7) Then turn off your printer for a minute or two and then restart and print a test page.

Tell me how it goes!

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Okay, give me a few minutes to go through the cleaning process.

Keep me posted!

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
After cleaning and printing the "alignment page" it continues to say, "Alignment page not detected".
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Hi Sadique. Are you there?
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Sorry it took so long with the. Ink was every. Well, I'll go de-ink my hands while awaiting your response. It will take approx. 5 minutes. Thanks.
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 23 days ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

First, you have to print the alignment page and then, scan the printed page. Go to the link below, follow the instructions under Step two: Align the printer (under Solution two: Check the paper, and then try the alignment again)

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01637692

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Hello Shefin. I have followed step 2 many times print and scan alignment page. The response is always the same, alignment page not detected.

Have you checked the alignment page with the picture in the link I have given? Is it missing lines or colors?

Thank you.