Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Trying to print a copy of a purchase from the computer and…

Customer Question
Trying to print a...

Trying to print a copy of a purchase from the computer and it will not print. Said to visit hp

Technician's Assistant: What HP model do you have?

Office Jet 4655

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your OfficeJet?

Tried to copy mapquest last week would not do it said same thing contact hp

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Don't know anything about that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/31/2018
Technician: Fran, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Fran
Fran, Computer Support Specialist

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is***** look forward to assisting you today. How is your printer connected? USB or wireless?

USB

Do you see the printer on the device page?

Can't pay extra

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

What advise can you give me to try to get the printer to working again

I would like for you to go into the printer device page and right click and select trouble shoot. let me know what OS you have and I can give you those instructions of how to do the task

What do you mean by device page

Where your printer is located

I can give you those instruction if I know what Operating system you are running

Its telling me there is an instant ink problem. cannot print. Could that possibly be the problem
never mind. Have to leave. Will figure it out eventually

Yes. Have you changed the ink cartridge? if so you may need to re seat them. Or clean the print head from the tool sections

Changed the black ink but not the color. First time for this printer don't print a whole lot

Ok you may need to check the black. And clean the print head

cleaned the print head when I replaced the black cartridge.

Can you make a copy?

Just trying to figure out if both copy and print are causing problems. If its just print then probably an issue with the drivers. I would reinstall the drivers from HP website. To see if that resolves the problem

You can also trouble shoot the problem. In windows 10 click on manage from the device page and select trouble shoot. In windows 7 you can right click on the printer and trouble shoot. Let me know if any of these solutions works at your convenience. Thanks