Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I just purchased cart. 288 and 288XL but the message I keep…

Customer Question
I just purchased cart...

I just purchased cart. 288 and 288XL but the message I keep getting is "cannot recognize " I've taken them out and in several times.....same msg.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Epson XP-430

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your XP-430?

Since it told me the cart. needed to be replaced

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Never

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Printers
3/30/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

There are a few possible causes of this issue, including a bad cartridge, internal debris/contamination, or a hardware failure (bad printhead, bad logic board, faulty sensor, etc).

What we can try are some cleaning and reset steps.

First remove all of the ink cartridges, then clean the metal electrical contacts on the back, as well as where they mate up inside the printer, using qtips and rubbing alcohol. Dry well, then reseat the cartridges.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I'll advise further if needed.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.