Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Have a 4630 wireless connected to a new Acer Spin 5 running…

Customer Question
Have a 4630 wireless...

Have a 4630 wireless connected to a new Acer Spin 5 running Windows 10. Printer suddenly decided to print multiple copies, hours or days after it had been asked to print. Tried to uninstall and reinstall software from HP site. Installation failed every time I tried! BUT, the printer did stop multiple printing. HOWEVER, I needed to scan a document today and it won't scan. The scanning software apparently isn't installed. So I tried to install the new HP software again ... and the installation failed ... several times. HELP!

Technician's Assistant: Did you click Start and open the Programs control panel to uninstall the HP product?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I think I"ve been pretty clear

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/30/2018
Technician: Joel Kalman, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer

Hello. I am pleased to assist you today. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

What is your computer operating system?

If you had read my complaint and/or knew that the Acer Spin 5 is a new computer that comes ONLY with Windows 10 installed, you would know what the operating system is without asking me. Since you did not know these basic facts, I do not trust your advice and wish to cancel this order. Please have my "earnest money" refunded and DO NOT charge my another $28 for useless advice.Edward J. Foster