Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My HP Officejet Pro #8620 printer quit. I contacted HP and…

Customer Question
My HP Officejet Pro...

My HP Officejet Pro #8620 printer quit. I contacted HP and they tell me that I have much on my MacBook Pro computer that is not mine and this has caused the printer problem. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: How are you connecting to your OfficeJet: wirelessly or by USB?

Wireless.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

When we purchased and put the printer in (17 months ago).

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of. Somehow we do not have spam on and we do not have a spam blocker that we know of.

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Printers
3/30/2018
Technician: jeffreybongers, Engineer replied 21 days ago
jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Lets get started!

So to clarify have you tried updating the drivers and firmware of the Officejet Pro 8620 printer?

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No, when we put a new yellow ink cartridge in last week, a message came up on the printer saying,
"Missing or Failed Printhead." Below it said " The printhead appears to be missing , not detected or incorrectly
installed."
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I do not want to pay $39.00 for this work. Please refund my $5.00 that was just charged to my
MasterCard. Thanks.
Sandy

Understood.

Can we please try the following:

Try powering off the printer, pull the power cable out of the printer, wait for 1 minute, then put the power cable back in. After this try printing again.

Please let me know how this goes.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I will call my Apple Tech that is hooked up with Apple. I have talked to them before
and they have helped me.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Please refund the $5.00 as your first instructions said.

Understood.

a refund can be done here:http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Kind regards,

Jeff

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
No, thanks.

Understood.

You are welcome.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers
jeffreybongers, Engineer