Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Having trouble printing documents with the black ink I

Customer Question
Having trouble printing documents...

Having trouble printing documents with the black ink I replaced all cartridges in the black one twice I can print photos with the black working but it won't print document black very faded

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your printer?

Epson XP - 420

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages? Are you able to open the lid that covers the cartridges on your printer?

No error messages yes I can open the lid

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/30/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 3 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

It's printing okay through my iPad but not through my iPhone

Which model iPhone is it?

Lg

Lg is not an iPhone... What is the full make and model of the phone?

Lgbc/ modal LGL 164VL

ok, hold the power button on it until you see a menu and choose power off

Then power it on and tell me how it functions please

On my phone or printer

Phone please

Good

It is now working?

I don't know I'll try and get back to you

ok

No the black is very faded but the colors work
No change

but on the iPAd it is ok?

I can't get this in particular document on my iPad because you're not connected anymore but whatever document I had on my iPad came out correct

ok, but this issue may be related to the document, try another one and tell me how that prints

I have tried that prior two different documents and they both came out faded
From my phone

ok, email then to the iPad and try to print them please

I couldn't open a document on my iPad but I tried something different I ran it through the PDF viewer instead of the printer and that worked now I have to go out and buy more ink because I used all the color and it won't print the document that I wanted

ok, then try to print the PDF on the phone please to see how that looks.

That's what I did that's where it's working

so the PDf on the phone is ok you mean?

If the PDF works on the phone the issue is the document, and not the phone, have the person resend or recreate the documents then try to print

Ok thanks

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.