Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I’m trying to link my wireless laptop to my dell computer.

Customer Question
I’m trying to link...

I’m trying to link my wireless laptop to my dell computer. The computer is linked into WiFi. I’m successfully (so far), linked my hp printer via WiFi which is now asking me for WiFi protected Setup-“if router supports WPS,after press Start, push WPS button on the router for 3 sec. Wireless light on the device lights up after device connect to network

Technician's Assistant: What Dell model do you have?

Question: where is the WPS button on the router

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Dell printer?

Pearl, I don’t know how long my boyfriends had this particular printer, however, after attempting to connect to printer, I have been the one to discover, I honestly don’t think he’s ever set it up manually

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. There’s only one button on the router. Is THAT the WPS button?

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Printers
3/30/2018
Technician: Richard, Technician replied 23 days ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the make and model of your wifi router please?

Thank you

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Hi Richard, I’m looking at the back of router, I have a PIN, S/N, CM Mac:AC202E66AF49, eMTA MAC:...,SSID-2.4G:....,SSID-5G:...and last says somethOmg about “passsticker” Basically it was “installed” by Mediacom in Huntsville, AL. If you need that # I can retrieve it for you..

Ok, but the model, do you see it on this?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Richard, seriously, I just need to know if this big black button (only one on the router)

ok, well without knowing what router you had I would be guessing, but press it and tell me if the printer then connects please

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Is that Big, Black button the WPS button?
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
All I need to know

without knowing what router you had I would be guessing, but press it and tell me if the printer then connects please

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
No, “Push WPS button on router for 3 sec” it keeps timing out. Evidentially that’s not it! Right?

Correct, so when you install the printer, choose instead to manually connect and enter in a password.

Let me know how you go please

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Before we proceed to charging me another fee, allow me to try and find another button on the router please

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last instructions I sent you please

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Here!!! I found a model #
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
CGNVM-2559
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Model name, that is...CGNVM-2559
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Can you help? Pleas?

Have a look at page 16 here please

https://mediacomcc.custhelp.com/euf/assets/documents/modem%20user%20guides/Hitron%20CGNVM_User%20Guide.pdf

It shows where the WPS button is

Let me know how you go please

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Ok. I’m trying to use a WPS PiN , please stand by

Thanks

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
It’s searching at the moment. While we wait, what exactly am I suppose to be looking for if in fact this works

that it tells you it connects

Richard, Technician