Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a relatively new 922 printer. I just replaced several…

Customer Question
I have a relatively...

I have a relatively new 922 printer. I just replaced several printer cartridges and printed some test documents. It has been a couple of weeks and as I tried to turn the printer on tonight it will not turn on. I have check the wall outlet and the power is good. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon MX922

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MX922?

Just today. it worked fine two weeks ago.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

About a month ago. they are connected via bluetooth

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Printers
3/30/2018
Technician: Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist replied 5 months ago
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

1. Unplug all cables (including printer USB cable) and memory cards from the printer. Unplug the power cord, directly from the back of the printer while the printer is still turned on.

2. Unplug the other end of the cord from the power source. If there is a power module on the power cord, disconnect one end and reconnect it.

3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then, wait for two minutes.

4. After two minutes, plug the cord directly into a wall outlet (not a surge protector or battery backup as they can cause the printer to lose basic functionality over time). try using a different wall socket.

5. Plug the power cord into the back of the printer.

6. The printer should automatically power back up. If it doesn't, turn it on with the power button.

7. Try making a photocopy (if your printer is an all-in-on printer) before connecting any other cables to the printer.

8. Connect any other needed cables to the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

I followed your instructions but the printer did not respond.
Technician: Steve Asher, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Steve Asher
Steve Asher, Computer Support Specialist
If you've verified power to the printer and followed the steps above then unfortunately your printer has died a premature death. You might follow up with the manufacturer to see if it is still under warranty.
Technician: Syseng, Engineer replied 5 months ago
Syseng
Syseng, Engineer

My name is David.

The power cord that plugs into the printer is removable and can cause this type of issue by appearing to be plugged in and connected when it is not. So next, unplug the power cord and inspect the plug that connects to the printer for damage and obstructions. Then do the same with the printer socket where the power cord plugs in and verify that both are clean and free from debris. Then plug the power cord into a power socket and the other end firmly into the printer and try powering on the printer. If the printer does not power up, press on the power cord in the direct of the printer and move the power cord around a bit. If the printer powers up, the cord must be replaced.

Do you still need assistance?