Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

It will not print copies prints from computer but will not…

Customer Question
It will not print...

It will not print copies prints from computer but will not print copies on scanner glass

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your printer when you try to scan?

No it acts like it is printing paper comes out but there is nothing on it

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

I just did something but im not sure if it was updated would that affect just taking copies from machine

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/30/2018
Technician: Steve Asher, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Steve Asher
Steve Asher, Computer Support Specialist

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem.

Let me make sure that I understand your issue correctly. Whether you send a print job from the computer or you scan it, it acts like it is printing but the page is blank. Is this correct? What is the make and model of this device? Can you see whether or not the print head is moving? Are you printing a color document or black and white?

I just re-read the question and I think I got it wrong the first time. You CAN print from the computer but when you try to do a copy from the scanner it's blank.

Assuming the issue is with the scanner, try scanning a document into your computer. See if it scans properly.