Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

I have a brother 8890dw. Prints two-sided and scans two

Customer Question
I have a brother...

I have a brother 8890dw. Prints two-sided and scans two sided. When I try to copy two-sided document as two-sided copy, the back (second) page of the copy is missing one third of the page. ie, its as if the second page is pushed up and the upper one-third of the page is missing.

Technician's Assistant: Is there an error code on your 8890DW when you try to scan?

None. And my problem isn't scanning. Its copying. Right now I have to copy a two-sided page on two pages, copying first page one then page two. What I want to do is copy a two-sided page as a two-sided copy.

Technician's Assistant: The Printer Technician will be able to walk you through that. When did you last update the printer driver software?

When I purchased it. It is s CUPs Driver.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing that I can think at at this time. Only that the copier does separate a two-sided document into two separate pages without andy problems.

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Printers
3/30/2018
Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 25 days ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Still need assistance. Continue.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Here is an example of my problem. 2-Sided OriginalFin (tiff) is the original, single page document (Here it is in two pages but the copy document is single, 2-sided page.
I am also sending 2-Sided Copy Fin (tiff). This is the resulting copy. Same holds true-this tiff is two pages but the actual copy is single, 2-sided document. Note-I have the latest driver on by 8890DW.
Technician: Steve Asher, Computer Support Specialist replied 24 days ago
Steve Asher
Steve Asher, Computer Support Specialist

Hello! My name is Steve. I was looking at the images you uploaded and a thought about it.

Looking at the scans you sent I thinking it might be one of two things. Either the paper isn't moving back into it's proper location before being scanned or the scan bar isn't traveling properly.

Couple things to check

1. It will scan the first side of the document then reload the page to scan the back. As soon as you hear the paper movement stop. Open the cover and see if the page is loaded properly.

2. When the scanner starts moving try lifting the paper mechanism up enough to see where the scan bar is. You might even be able to see it's approximate location without lifting it based on the light.

Another thing I am curious about, is if you scan multiple 2 sided pages, what happens.

Give these things a try and let me know what you find out.

Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 21 days ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

John, Computer Science Engineer