Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Light flashing. Canon MG3520. Couple months. Never did

Customer Question
Ght flashing Technician's Assistant:...

Ght flashing

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your printer?

Canon MG3520

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MG3520?

Couple months

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

Never did

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Printers
3/29/2018
Technician: Nathan, Engineer replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Engineer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Do you see any other indicators/errors?

Is there any pattern to the flash?

Triangle with ***** *****ght flashing

Is there any pattern to the flash?

Such as flashing 3 times, pausing briefly, 3 more, pause, etc

Okay what pattern are you seeing?
Please try to be as detailed and specific as possible for me to best be able to help you.

Triangle

I'm asking how many times it flashes.

Green to Amber 3 times pause then starts again

Okay that means that either the front panel/door is not opened (you can't print anything unless it is folded down),

or that there is an internal paper jam or debris inside which has to be removed.

It looks free of paper

Okay then this is a “diffuse” message which simply denotes an internal fault. That can be caused by anything from debris/obstruction (paper jam, bent/damaged rails, out of place purge assembly/wiper, or dirty/dislocated encoder strip) to an actual hardware defect (bad sensor or control board, faulty carriage drive motor/gear/belt, bad printhead/carriage pcb).

Given the age of the printer, this is most likely a major hardware failure internally.

What we can try here are some cleaning and reset steps.
First, open up the printer, and check for any internal debris such as scraps of paper, paperclip or staple, etc. Then remove the input paper supply.

Check if you’re able to move the carriage manually, or if it moves on its own when lifting the lid. If it does move, you can proceed with cleaning by blowing out the Inside compartment with compressed air and checking carefully on both sides for any obstructions. Next take a piece of heavy paper like card stock and push that through the rollers (feed path) to dislodge any last bits of paper that may be stuck.

Slide the paper guides to the center then back out, fan the front edge of the paper stack, and replace the paper supply.

Then reset the machine:
unplug power at the wall outlet
wait 5 minutes
press and hold the power/on button for 60+ seconds
keep holding while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after, then release

Let me know the results, and I’ll advise further if needed.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.