Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

My printer is printing in yellow. Ink. Cannot get. Black…

Customer Question
My printer is printing in...
My printer is printing in yellow. Ink. Cannot get. Black
Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: Printers
3/29/2018
Technician: Domijones Manalo, System Administrator replied 22 days ago
Domijones Manalo
Domijones Manalo, System Administrator

Hi!

Thank you for your question. I am Domijones and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

You need to have your print head to be checked. Printers has different heads for each toner. You may also refer to the link below on how to clean print heads.

Using the printer utility:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART109269

Using the removal method:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEkKGBUSwNg

Thank you.
Domijones

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Still not printing in black. Changed the cartridge but no luck. Is there any way to go back to the factory settings?

Thank you for your answer.

The factory settings will not help because the issue could probably be that the print head for your black ink was clogged.

Have you done the print head removal as shown in the YouTube video?

If you have done that, then most probably that the print head is already clogged and you might need to replace it.

The issue with that similar printers is that if you do not print for a long time, is that it clogs the print head, due to unused inks.

If you have your print head fixed, I suggest that you print every once in a while, like every week at least. Or you can do a print head cleanup from the Maintenance option of the printer.

I had the similar issue with my printer and I tried to repeatedly do a print head cleanup, but it just depleted my ink. The result is that it shows a bit of black printouts already but deemed useless. I ended up replacing the print head.

Thank you.

Domijones

Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 21 days ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
It is still printing in yellow ink. I did everything as told.I think it is in my settings,because I can change them to plain paper or glossy but not black. I don't see black only matte. The color does not print either. That's why I think it's in my settings.

The issue is not in your settings.

How old is the printer?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
About 6yrs. Old

Unfortunately, the error that you are experiencing is an internal failure which would require repair/replacement. The bad news is that your printer is outside of warranty and it would cost more to repair the printer than to buy a new one. You can purchase a new one for around $50-$60 at a local electronics store such as Best Buy.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Nohelp could have thought to but a new one since nothing you suggested worked
Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 19 days ago

I apologize that I had to deliver the bad news to you. Please understand that we do not like to deliver bad news because our rating on the site is based on the feedback of our customers so bad news situations are difficult to deal with. Thankfully, a large majority of our customers are understanding that we are just messengers in the situation and do not take it out on the rating system.

Harry, Engineer