Printers

Printer repair questions? Ask IT technicians for answers ASAP

Paper jam 077-901 done all I can think of to clear Jam and…

Customer Question
Paper jam 077-901 done...

Paper jam 077-901 done all I can think of to clear Jam and clear que. Will not clear error code on printer

Technician's Assistant: Is your printer displaying the error on all print jobs, even after you restart it?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the printer driver software?

Not sure

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes when I do a copy it seems the bar run a clear space thru center of copy no matter the form and I have tried to clear and reset this also, Frustrated!!

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Printers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/29/2018
Technician: Thomas Kline,
 replied 2 months ago
Thomas Kline

Hi, my name is Thomas and welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question
Note : Please feel free to ignore the offers for Additional Services. They are automatically sent by the website.

Technician: Thomas Kline,
 replied 2 months ago

Please unplug the printer for 2 minutes. Then plug it back in and power it back on.

please let me know if this clears the error

I have tried all that numerous times with no success. I just got off phone with Dell and they seem to think it is a harddrive problem. I will place call to my personal IT associate and go from there I guess. Thank you for your time. Valerie
Technician: Thomas Kline,
 replied 2 months ago

what model printer do you have? its very odd that a printer would give an error because of a Hard drive issue.

E525w I have done all of the on off steps restarting system clearing que. Etc. Unplugged overnight cleared jam according to directions. I am willing to give u shot at resetting to factory resets or troubleshooting if you can do it soon, wasted enough time and got jacked around by Dell and am getting a little ornery ��
I think I will after further thought turn this over to my IT guy, really out of time, Thanks, ***** ***** your time.
Technician: Thomas Kline,
 replied 2 months ago

sure thing

Technician: Harry, Engineer replied 2 months ago
Harry, Engineer

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Harry, Engineer